Sunday, April 1, 2007

So I am now almost superficially recovered from my last bout of illness, and am not so excited about all the extensions I got on tests and papers. I have 4 tests and a paper due by Wednesday. I am also way behind in my applied music lessons, so who knows whether or not I will be having a jury this semester. I am kind of worried about that, but kind of not also. I hate being behind, and it is extremely frusturating to know that I haven't made the kind of progress that I could have musically this semester if I hadn't been sick for 6 weeks out of the semester. I am trusting God that this is all going to work out, and it has been nice to be able to really let go and just focus on what is next. I am going out west for Easter break to see Lauren, and that is something that I am really looking forward to. I have kind of set that visit up as the light at the end of the tunnel that is this week, and if I can just make it through this week I will be more established after break. I just want to feel on top of things, ready to tackle whatever comes my way. I have yet to experience the feeling of being ahead of schedule and not lacking anything in terms of assignments or practicing. My jazz lessons are really out of whack; not only have I been sick, but Mr. Ward has had gigs out of state for the past two weekends, extending my dry season of piano instruction. Hopefully if I work very hard this week I will be back on track academically, which should lend itself to increased productivity on the piano side of my life. Who knows.

No comments: