Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Faith of Our Fathers.

Whell. It is 9:30 a.m. and I just hiked back from the campsite to campus and took a shower. It feels really good to shower after 3 days of very sweaty activity, and it is also very satisfying to finally wash the blood that has been caked onto your legs along with dirt and sweat. That's right, I bled in the dirt, and I didn't do a thing about it until this morning. Needless to say it was a killer game of capture the flag, and the consequences of my actions are that I now have a gimp right leg. I ran into a tree last night and spiked my leg on a rouge branch from this stump that picked itself up and set itself down directly in my path. Im not really sure if that is how it went down, but I definitely didn't see it there before I hit it, and even though it was dark I am pretty positive I am too slick to just run into trees in the dark (I wish). Yesterday was a good day in spite of all injuries. It started off with some morning testimonies and worship, then training on the mountain bike trails, archery, and bouldering. All Im gonna say about the archery is that you all should probably start referring to me as Robin Hood. That's right, 6 bullseyes in a row from about 50 feet. No big deal, it's just how I live my life. If you ain't first, your last (j/k about the first/last thing. but no j/k about the bullseyes. that really happened). The bouldering wall is pretty fun, the designer really worked in some really challenging problems. So challenging in fact that only me and one other counselor could traverse the wall. It will be interesting to see junior campers give it a shot. Mountain bikin too was a lot of fun. The trail we took is really difficult, especially for people who haven't ridden a bike since age 7. I had the esteemed privelege of seeing 3 noob counselors rack themselves in a very big way on the first big hill. It was good times. Last night we camped out and captured flags, today we go white water rafting and backpacking. Could things get any better?

4 comments:

Sienna said...

how the HEcK did you get 6 bullseyes in a row... i think you're lying. you're gonna have to prove it to the wallballers this fall...!

(Kyrie can do 7)

scotch said...

he is lying. and, he is heartless to us "noobs."

kyrieanna said...

is there any work involved in this? or is it all just training for the amazing race\survivor\owning everybody else's pants?

Anonymous said...

All I can say is wow. And yes, from now on you will be known as Robin Hood, camp counselor extraordinaire- sharp shooter, bouldering champion, mountain bike leader, and stump wrestler.
Well done.