Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Closing Up Shop...

This week is the final stretch of my time at home. It makes me sad but at the same time I am really starting to feel the anticipation for another amazing summer at Ridge Haven. There are little things that have started to happen that start to move me more in the direction of camp. I bought a watch and a new pair of shoes, both of which are crucial for having a succesful camp counselor experience. I've started consolidating my wardrobe in anticipation of long, sweaty days with little need for all the fashionable bells and whistles that appear so frequently in my choices of clothing (not). As I prepare for this, I want to show you some of the things that I will be missing here the most. Friends.Family.Longboarding adventures in Stateburg at One Mile Hill.

N.C., here I come. Oh and Scott too.

8 comments:

scotch said...

watch? i'll need one of thems. i got a new pair of chacos. my old ones blew out earlier in the week, so i bought a very little used pair from an old friend for $20. a god had chewed up one of the straps, but i fixed it. anything else i need to know?

scotch said...

dog. a dog had chewed them. god preordained it, but the dog did it.

Sienna said...

oh ga--- this entry made me laugh.
mikey, your pictures are really good. i didn't you know you had those abilities! :) the trampoline makes me want to juMP... the naighbors have one that the little kids alway jump on. they asked signe and i to come over and signe was like "NO... older people, like us don't jump..only for little kids." i was like... "ho-kay...if only she knew".

oh-- your sister is "pitty sing"!(pretty thing)

Sienna said...

"i didn't you know you had..." = "I didn't know you had..."

no, im not so immersed in norwegian that im forgetting english. don't hate.

Anonymous said...

Great photos Mikey!
And look at all of the green! I miss that. (Sorry if you've already heard that from me. But I got attached to trees)...
And trampolines, and good friends like you and Davy.

Go be a good counselor! ;)

scotch said...

BIONK!!

scotch said...

i hate aol jargon, but i literally laughed out loud when i read your last post. thanks for a good laugh in the morning. i havent even had a cup of coffee yet. please make that a regular thing- ill try and do the same to you. i lub you long time... the hard way.

Anonymous said...

i'm your 8th comment, you must be a big deal...um. well this summer i'll be doing a lot of stuff with church and a few trips here and there. other than I think i'll be making coffee at barne's and nobel and making some music. (not at the same time, but if I could that would be amazing.)

new watch and new shoes? you're legit.

i'm sure camp will be great.hopefully blogger will bring us random updates while you're there. enjoy your last few days at home.