Thursday, August 16, 2007

Motorcycle/Everything Diary: Part Deux

A lot of really great things have happened to me over the past 3 weeks. It is kind of difficult to try and sum them up in a paragraph, but here is the feeble attempt.

As soon as camp was finished I drove nine hours to the outer banks. It was here that I was sweetly reunited with my family and the family of my brother's girlfriend. My two and a half days there consisted of an 8 mile sailboat excursion to the core banks (solo on the sunfish), kayaking, fresh crab trapped of our dock, and a sweet bike ride with my sister. Here is a pic of the wild horses that are on Shackleford Banks, which is about a 15 minute boat ride from my house.

After the OBX I drove to Raleigh and flew to Philadelphia to spend a week with aubren, dan and kyrie. We took a day to New York which consisted of a really sketchy bus ride on the China Town bus , really great food, really really great art, and priceless fellowship. Pics:
Then to top it all off, when I returned home I drove up to Greenville, SC and purchased Dorothy Robin. No, I am not supporting human trafficking, because Dorothy is not a human being. Dorothy is a 1972 Honda CL 500. Aka, the coolest motorcycle in the world. I will be using this as my primary mode of transportation at school; my car will be parked somewhere far away where I don't have to pay for a parking sticker. See you there. Oh and rides are free.

2 comments:

scotch said...

a. of all: yes, the chinatown bus is sketchy mcsketch. and hot. b. of all, that might be the sexiest looking bike. ever. do come over this weekend, bionk. it would be so nice to see you. bring dorothy. i'd love a ride.

Sienna said...

picture of us four ---> funnY.

we all look exhausted. and misplaced. i like though.